Old Wilmington - West Chester Pike
21 Oakland Road, just off Route 202
Dilworthtown, PA 19382
The William Brinton 1704 House, situated on a 450 acre land grant from William Penn, has been restored by the Brinton family to it original state. Built by William Brinton Jr. "Brinton the Younger" in 1704, the house was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1968. Furnished with period furniture, the house has leaded casement windows, an indoor bake oven and a colonial herb garden in the back yard. The house is maintained by the Brinton Association of America and the caretaker is a sixth generation Brinton. Famous Brinton decendents include Civil War General George B. McClellan and President Richard M. Nixon.
Hours of OperationThe house is open to the public May - October.
Saturdays and Sundays: 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Other times by appointment. 48 hours' notice is advisable.
Admission$5.00 per adult ; $3.00 per child (younger than 12)
DirectionsClick to the Brinton House Web site for directions.
© Unica Online